Want to look like a bold fashion statement?
Want to look glamorous on your date night?
Want to shine like the Boss Babe?
The answer to all your questions. When in doubt, wear red. From a brunch date to a meeting, a swipe of your favorite red lip color tends to up your game. Let’s discuss How to Wear Red Lipstick? As every time we think of red, we start pondering about the shades, skin tones, hair color, eyes, outfits, and whatnot.
Well, it’s just a matter of the right shade. You go, Girl!
There is a shade of red for every woman. Pucker your pout with a beautiful shade of red and boost up your inner confidence.
What black is to our wardrobe, red is to our makeup. Right, ladies? None of us could ever stop loving these two. The love for Black clothes and Red lip shades is eternal! Have you thought of wearing a red lip shade during the daytime? Are you avoiding bold colors during the day? Then, don’t. Be confident and rock it, Girl. Red is a big Yes for every event. I have some tips that can boost your confidence in wearing red. If you are unsure about How to Wear Red Lipstick keep reading this article.
Suggested Blog :- BEST LIPSTICKS FOR THIN LIPS
Pick the right shade
The right shade of color is all that matters. They wear red lipstick shade can either make your face look elegant or look worse. So, picking up the right shade of red according to your skin tone is the most important. The shades of red are versatile, and you will surely find the perfect match for your skin tones. As we said earlier,
there is a shade of red for every woman, or you could say every skin tone!
Figure out your undertones
When picking to wear a red lip shade, undertones are the key. There are mainly two types to consider undertones.
- Warm undertones If you have warm undertones, pick the shades with yellow undertones or orange-reds. Select colors like salmon, coral, and so on according to your tones.
- Cool undertones If you have cool undertones, look for the reds with blue undertones or pink reds. Go for cheery, deep cranberry, or burgundy shades.
Use lip liners
Use red lip liners to adjust the blush on the lips. Try lip liners for a smooth finish. It will help your lips prevent feathering or smudging. Many people skip this step but don’t be like the rest. Outline your lips for better results. Start by tracing an X under your cupid’s bow. Fill your lips with red color for extra staying power.
Read Blog :- HOW TO APPLY LIPSTICK ON THIN LIPS
Think about your whole look
Let your lips do the talking. Well, just making your lips beautiful is not enough. You should take care of your whole appearance for a perfect look. Opt for a subtle style for your face, especially your eyes. Use only mascara and a thin liner to draw as little attention as possible. Don’t overdo it. Try to keep the rest of your makeup simple. Keeping your makeup minimal will not only focus on your lip shade but also brighten your face.
How about a Monochromatic look?
Find a red as per your skin’s undertone. Try using that shade of red with your lids, lips, and cheeks for a perfectly matching look.
Don’t forget to choose the right outfit!
To balance the fiery shade of red neutral shades are a must. Wear outfits that compliment your lip color. Try to choose clothes that draw attention to your face. Neutral shades like black and white go best with a red lip shade. Although, we cannot deny the perfect combination of black clothes and red lip shades. They are a heavenly made combo.
While selecting the neutral shades, you can look for beige, black, white, dreamy pink, and so on. Choosing neutral shades will draw enough attention to your lips. Avoid selecting colors like fuchsia.
Red is your color of power, be confident, and rock it, Girl!
- Try matching your nails with your lips: To complete your look, don’t forget to apply a red polish to your nails as well. Classic red goes best when worn both on nails and lips.
- Red lipsticks do not always mean Bold: For a subtle and natural look, try applying a lip balm first. Apply lipstick by patting it with your fingers. Start from the center, dabbing outwards. If you feel the red seems bright and bold, try applying a lesser punch.
- Don’t forget the Texture of your lip color: In terms of making a statement, Texture is really important. As we all know, matte ones have the most impact on your lips. It stays for a longer time and gives you that confidence. But, if you are worried about wearing red, fret not. Try a sheer texture instead.
- For better results, use a lip brush: You might get tempted to use the red lipsticks directly onto your lips, but if you desire the perfect look, apply lipstick with a lip brush.
- Remove excess color from your lips: Does your lipstick leave a mark on the glass you drink? Does it leave an impression when you kiss on cheeks? Does it stick on your teeth and make you embarrassed? To avoid this, keep a habit of removing the excess color or makeup with a tissue whenever you go out. This step will prevent your lip color from sticking to your teeth, glassware, or silverware when eating.
Here Are Some Tips To Wear Red Lipstick
- Exfoliate your lips before beginning
- Always moisturize your lips with a good lip balm
- Figure out your undertones
- Find your perfect match of red
- Minimal your makeup
- Apply lip makeup according to the shape of your lips
- Try a monochromatic look
- Use lipliners to outline your lips
- Use a lip brush for precision
- Choose outfits that supplement your lips
- Match your nails with your lip shade
- Remove excess makeup from your lips
- Talk with yourself to boost up the confidence
Also read: How To Apply Matte Lipstick As An Expert
What other techniques do you use before wearing your favorite red lip shade? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Suggested Blogs :-
water based foundations
asian makeup styles
basic makeup kit for beginners on a budget
best moisturizer for oily skin in summer
day party makeup
simple festival makeup
matte makeup look
japanese skin whitening home remedies
outdoor photoshoot makeup
benefits of face primer
Olive oil for lice treatment